City Departments >
Public Works, Parks & Streets >
To provide efficient administrative and clerical support for all Divisional operations and to keep all lift bridges in the City of Buffalo open to traffic.
DESCRIPTION OF ACTIVITIES
- Coordinates preparation of O & M and Capital Expenditures budget for the Division.
- Prepares reallocations of funds for the Division
- Maintains records for O & M accounts, Bond Funds, Block Grants and EDA accounts
- Prepares statements of accounts on a monthly basis for each function
- Orders and distributes office supplies to all functions
- Supervises the maintenance of contracts on office equipment
- Prepares contract documents and processes same through Departments of Law, Audit and Accounting
- Maintains a contract ledger and prepares a monthly and quarterly contract compliance report
- Maintains a file on all insurance and processes the renewal of same for the Divisions
- Renews and codes all requisition requests for supplies, materials and services and prepares purchase requisitions, vouchers, and departmental orders
- Complies monthly Summary of Register of Revenues
- Maintains and disperses Petty Cash funds and prepares summary of transactions.
- Conducts all aspects of the personnel function for the Division to include Personnel Requisitions, certifications, interviews, Letters of Nomination, Certificates of Appointment and requests for extensions.
- Maintains all phases of payroll to include sick leave, vacations, BC/BS, life insurance time reports, register of salaries and payroll change notices.
- Provide lift bridge service throughout the year on a 24 hour basis