City Departments >
Public Works, Parks & Streets >
Operation of Bridges
- To keep all lift bridges in the City of Buffalo in operational condition and open to vehicular and marine traffic.
- To ensure all viaducts and overpasses in the City of Buffalo are structurally safe.
- To monitor ice flows in Cazenovia Creek and the Buffalo River.
- To keep the Erie Basin Marina and Delaware Park waterways clean and safe. Maintain various pump stations in the City of Buffalo.
DESCRIPTION OF ACTIVITIES:
- Maintain and operate Electrical / Mechanical Lift Bridges in the City of Buffalo
- Maintain and repair viaducts and fixed bridges in the City of Buffalo
- Maintain Erie Basin Marina facilities including docks, landscaping and waterways
- Maintain Delaware Park Lake pump system
- Overseeing various bridge construction and rehabilitation projects
- Maintain and repair guide-rail, traffic barrels and fencing at various locations in the City of Buffalo
- During the winter months monitor ice conditions in Cazenovia Creek, Buffalo Creek and the Buffalo River
- During winter months operate L.V.T.'s and the Edward M. Cotter for ice breaking in the Buffalo River, Cazenovia Creek and Buffalo Creek